|The Volkswagen New Beetle Service Manual: 1998-1999 is here! Bentley service manuals provide the highest level of clarity and comprehensiveness for all service and repair procedures. Enthusiasts, do-it-yourselfers, and professional technicians will appreciate the quality of photos and illustrations, theory of operation, and accurate step-by-step instructions. If you're looking for better understanding of your New Beetle, look no further than Bentley. |
* Maintenance procedures for everything from routine oil changes to resetting the automatic transmission basic settings. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
* Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning, including camshaft toothed belt setup and adjustment.
* Explanation of Motronic 5.9.2 and Diesel Turbo Direct Injection (TDI) engine management systems and OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics II).
* Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and drive axles.
* Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, rear coil springs, and wheel bearing/hub units.
* Repair information for ABS and non-ABS brake systems.
* Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
* Body adjustment and repairs, including front and rear clip removal and installation.
* Wiring schematics for all circuits, including fuse/relay locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry.
2.0L gasoline (engine code AEG)
1.9L TDI diesel (engine code ALH)
Manual (remove, install, external service)
Automatic (remove, install, external service)